Premed 101 Forums

AAMC test difficulties - order?

spiritedaway

Hi,

I came across a post awhile ago listing the AAMC test difficulties and recommended order to do them but can't seem to find that anymore. Would anyone have any recommendations regarding the order to do the tests? The varying levels of difficulties? I have about a month left so hope to go through all of them asap :).

Thanks!

It seems that most people agree that AAMC 11 is the most difficult one. it is also the most recent one, so therefore might be most representative of the actual MCAT. I started out with AAMC 3 and then progressed through the rest of the AAMC tests in chronological order.

Though I gotta say verbal and bio on the real MCAT seemed much longer and harder than on the practice tests.....So pace yourself accordingly when practicing for these sections

Are 7, 8 and 9 suppose to be harder than the actual MCAT?
One of them was harder than the actual MCAT (I think it was 7). The other ones represented the level of difficulty on the actual MCAT. Of course, this is just my opinion. And it was a while ago, so I may not be remembering correctly.

One of them was harder than the actual MCAT (I think it was 7). The other ones represented the level of difficulty on the actual MCAT. Of course, this is just my opinion. And it was a while ago, so I may not be remembering correctly.

I believe 11 is the hardest. If you do them from 6 to 11 and take your average score, then that is an accurate representation of the MCAT difficulty and most likely your score at the time.

I believe 11 is the hardest. If you do them from 6 to 11 and take your average score, then that is an accurate representation of the MCAT difficulty and most likely your score at the time.
Perhaps. Test 11 wasn't available when I wrote the MCAT so I can't comment of the level of difficulty compared to the other practice tests or the actual MCAT.

Archived