Premed 101 Forums

Progress for those writing in aug?

mangos

argh, I understand the frustration. I'm a non-science major (nursing) and i mean, I don't seem to have a problem with VR as nursing kinda throws those weird sort of questions at us all the time, and i'm dece with bio, but physics and o-chem is killing me. my physical sciences scores are usually around a 9. and my BS scores would be higher if not for o-chem, but are around a 10.

oh, and i'm writing on the 19th. awesome. :(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrats! hmm...well im not one to give any tips for VR seeing as how im not well versed in it although i did pull out my first 10 on aamc 8 : )

but id suggest more practice timing yourself....cuz when you get to aamc7....ohh mann...that VR is a killer! long ass passages....difficult read to.

AAMC 7 or Kaplan FL 7?

I did AAMC 7 yesterday, it was my first AAMC practice test. Was the verbal harder than normal for that one? The passages seemed a little long but I thought the real MCAT passages are generally quite long anyway in VR.

AAMC 7 or Kaplan FL 7?

I did AAMC 7 yesterday, it was my first AAMC practice test. Was the verbal harder than normal for that one? The passages seemed a little long but I thought the real MCAT passages are generally quite long anyway in VR.

aamc7...i found the verbal much harder than normal..and longer. and yes..the real one is said to be longer too so..ugghhh

how did you do on aamc7 overall

I did well, I didn't drop from my previous Kaplan FL's I was taking.

Hopefully I can keep it up until my MCAT on the 23rd ^_^

aamc7...i found the verbal much harder than normal..and longer. and yes..the real one is said to be longer too so..ugghhh

how did you do on aamc7 overall

I'm at this point where I feel super uneasy doing BS (like I'll mark a lot of them as "guessed") but I still make out alright (I got a 14 practice?)... that makes me really nervous because I'm not actually sure if I know the stuff or am just getting lucky!

wow, but if your scores are consistently high, then you are good imo

switched from the 23rd to the 18th and feel so relieved... the fact that i just cut out 5 days of hardcore studying from my schedule is an awesome motivator to keep going.

jealous jealous jealous. i feel so unmotivated. i want this to ENDDDD RIGHT NOWWWWW. i'd switch my date but can't afford to pay 60 dollars for a couple days earlier

jealous jealous jealous. i feel so unmotivated. i want this to ENDDDD RIGHT NOWWWWW. i'd switch my date but can't afford to pay 60 dollars for a couple days earlier

i know exactly how u feel. in my case, i was scared that my burnout would be detrimental to my score so i figured the 60$ (actually 120$ due to a location change fee) was worth it

i know exactly how u feel. in my case, i was scared that my burnout would be detrimental to my score so i figured the 60$ (actually 120$ due to a location change fee) was worth it

fair enough. hope the test date/location change helps ya out :)

Done AAMC 3-11, TBR 1-7 and my mark is all over the place. I've been hovering at 8-12 in PS and VR and 9-13 in BS. Pretty sure I'm about to break some electronics...

Archived