Premed 101 Forums

July 28/29 MCAT Unite!!

FacelessMage

How's the study going everyone? There's only a month to go!

I'm starting to get pretty nervous as the date is approaching! I would be interested in hearing where everyone is in their studying, if people want to share. I'm just finishing up content review (except for a couple of chapters I am having trouble with). I am planning on spending the last 2 weeks before my test doing practice questions and practice test, etc.

I'm starting to get pretty nervous as the date is approaching! I would be interested in hearing where everyone is in their studying, if people want to share. I'm just finishing up content review (except for a couple of chapters I am having trouble with). I am planning on spending the last 2 weeks before my test doing practice questions and practice test, etc.

Studying is not going that well for me. Hard to get motivated... I do have all of my content review done though (minus O. Chem). Practice practice!

I write Aug 5th, so close enough. I'm curious if everyone has finished all the passages associated with each chapter when they say they're done content. I still have another 1/3 to do...so i'll be finishing up those and completing some CBT's...see how much I haven't learned :)

I only have about 3 chapters of EK general chemistry left to cover in terms of content review. I've done the lecture exams for all of the other chapters and books. My deadline for content review was this Saturday, so I'm making pretty good time considering I lost a week of study time due to a pretty bad migraine.

• 3 weeks later...

Only 8 or 9 days left! How is everyone doing and what is everyone planning on doing for the last days before their test? I'm planning on doing a couple more aamc tests and then skim over some science chapters I've had trouble on. I'm probably going to work on some more writing sample prompts since I've been neglecting that section.

Trying to fly through as many AAMC's as possible, along with verbal practice (EK & AAMC only at this point - not wasting time with poorly replicated VR material at this stage in the game in my opinion).

Best of luck everyone! Try not to freak out the night before as that can completely ruin your performance the next day.

Right now I'm really struggling with the BS section of all things. I can't seem to raise my FL scores above an 8. Guess I'm going to be cramming o-chem and bio for the next couple of days.

I haven't written the MCAT before, however I've heard from a lot of people that multiple variations of the test really had minimal orgo.

Based on that, in my opinion of course, if you're struggling based on content focus more on the rest of the bio (genetics, cell physiology, etc.) as it's more probably to show up than the rest.

Just my 2 cents - if anyone disagrees feel free to say so lol

Good luck!

It's more the o-chem I'm struggling with now. I never took the class, so I've basically spent the last two months learning the concepts cold. Some of the questions I found easy (I got all the questions right on one of the o-chem passages on AAMC 10), but some are really beyond my knowledge at this point. I'll just have to hope that my test doesn't have a lot of o-chem on it, I guess.

It's more the o-chem I'm struggling with now. I never took the class, so I've basically spent the last two months learning the concepts cold. Some of the questions I found easy (I got all the questions right on one of the o-chem passages on AAMC 10), but some are really beyond my knowledge at this point. I'll just have to hope that my test doesn't have a lot of o-chem on it, I guess.

I didn't study O Chem at all for the first MCAT I wrote in 2009 either and did the best on the BS section. Personally, I think it's a waste of time if you haven't done any courses in university... unless you want 12+ in BS. I got an 11 and consistently averaged 10-11 on practice tests with minimal to no O Chem knowledge.

^although I am re-writing Friday (29th) but I took a personal day today and went for a round of golf. Shot in the 90s, no MCAT study... I'm pleased with today.

That sounds like my weekend! I write on Friday too and I went camping this weekend to clear my head a bit. I think my brain was starting to melt with all the cramming I've been trying to do. My biggest concern right now is verbal. I am still not making the cut offs and am VERY worried! Anybody else in the same boat?

Good luck everyone! Remember not to stress out too much!

Thank, same to you best of luck!

Decided to listen to pump up music all day and destroy the gym before the test tomorrow :D

At this point it's all performance, so get psyched you've all worked your asses off!

Archived