Premed 101 Forums

Too late?

So I've been lurking around here for a bit and I'm getting my act together to apply to Canadian schools in the fall... only recently I decided to check out the American section and the whole rolling-application-being-late thing has me worried. I'm behind now for applications for 2012. My question is, should I still try to complete a few, or just wait for the next cycle? I'm going into fourth year.

Sorry if I sound totally out of the loop... I really should've done research into this earlier. It just didn't occur to me that American schools would be that different...

Nope, it's definitely not too late, but if you're going to apply, create an AMCAS account, order your transcript(s) and get your referees to start working on their letters right away. Being entirely complete in July or early August is still considered early from what I can tell and that's definitely possible if you start soon

So I've been lurking around here for a bit and I'm getting my act together to apply to Canadian schools in the fall... only recently I decided to check out the American section and the whole rolling-application-being-late thing has me worried. I'm behind now for applications for 2012. My question is, should I still try to complete a few, or just wait for the next cycle? I'm going into fourth year.

Sorry if I sound totally out of the loop... I really should've done research into this earlier. It just didn't occur to me that American schools would be that different...

You're still good to go if you start now. What are your stats? If they're mid/strong then you'll still be good to go even if you send in your stuff a bit later.

Archived