Premed 101 Forums

Pre-req: 1 year of General Physics

At UBC there are these physics courses:

A)Physics100 - 3 credits, 1 semester, with lab

An introduction to fundamental concepts such as force, energy, momentum, and the use of graphs and vectors in physics; geometrical optics; electricity; laboratory exercises to familiarize the student with both the phenomena and the basic laboratory instruments commonly used to measure them.

B)Physics101 - 3 credits, 1 semester, with lab

Conservation laws, rotational motion, simple harmonic motion, sound, fluids, heat, including biological applications.

C)Physics102 - 3 credits, 1 semester, with lab

Introduction to optics, electricity and magnetism, electric circuits, radioactivity, including biological applications.

Harvard, and John Hopkins want electromagnetism but others are vague and just put general physics down. SUNY Upstate clarified for physics they were looking for courses similar to General Physics I and II which seem most similar to 101+102 combo. I was wondering if 100+101 combo would satisfy US school's general physics requirements?

Also I was wondering if US schools considered IB credits. I took credits for a general biology lab using my IB credits and I was wondering if that would be a problem down there generally.

Archived