Premed 101 Forums

effective way to review sciences+verbal help

saltandpepper

so I've finished studying all sciences (bio, ochem, gchem and physics). any advice how I should review them for the next 2 weeks?!

should i go for examkrackers for sections that i am not too confident (bio-too much to memorize! and gchem)? or just jump into online practices?! or what did you guys find effective in studying in the last two weeks?

another concern that i have is with verbal :( i sort of just started practicing (done 2 timed tests so far) and it looks bad.... i completed 6 psgs at first and only 5 psgs the second time... got 1~2 wrongs in each psgs. i guess i should keep practicing?

:mad: mcat is so frustrating.

^^agreed.

Do online aamc practice tests in a real exam like setting. The aamc practice tests give really good feedbacks you could use to direct your review. For sciences, understanding the concepts and being able to apply them are more important than memorizing the details (such as strength of nucleophile or solubility table). MCAT science passages tend to test your ability to extract information that are hidden in the passage and to apply them logically to get the right answer. And verbal reason is just practice. I find EK verbal method being the best. With practice, you will gain speed and develop a sense of which answer choices are obviously wrong, which will boost your verbal score.

Archived