Premed 101 Forums

Various questions about AMCAS application

These are some of the questions that I have come up with recently...

1. EVMS - CAD friendly or not? :confused: It looks like they did accept international students last year, but on AMCAS when I try to select EVMS, it says only American citizens or PRs are eligible to apply?..

2. LORs - (a) While schools like CWR or Northwestern have explicitly stated the max number of LORs they are willing to read, many schools did no specify such as a number. So it's safe to assume that (apart from satisfying their requirements) 6 LORs are ok?

(B) Lots of schools require LORs to come with a signature, but is it ok for the letter writers to submit scanned copies (with scanned signature, of course) through the Letterwriter Service?

Thanks a lot.

1. Not anymore

2. a) 6 LORs are probably OK. On most of the secondaries I have had so far, I could add all 4 that I have sent. Honestly though, I was too lazy to go through the req. for every individual school so I assigned the 4 to all of them. I think if you have 6, it is a big risk not to use your strongest ones because you have no idea if anyone has mentioned anything negative and you probably do not want it coming out by providing more than necessary.

B) that is what my references have done and there has not been a problem so far.

These are some of the questions that I have come up with recently...

1. EVMS - CAD friendly or not? :confused: It looks like they did accept international students last year, but on AMCAS when I try to select EVMS, it says only American citizens or PRs are eligible to apply?..

2. LORs - (a) While schools like CWR or Northwestern have explicitly stated the max number of LORs they are willing to read, many schools did no specify such as a number. So it's safe to assume that (apart from satisfying their requirements) 6 LORs are ok?

(B) Lots of schools require LORs to come with a signature, but is it ok for the letter writers to submit scanned copies (with scanned signature, of course) through the Letterwriter Service?

Thanks a lot.

Archived