Premed 101 Forums

Chances for UWO, Queens, Mac & Alberta

Hello all. I am planning to apply for OT at these 4 schools. I am just not too sure if my GPA is competitive or not.

My sub GPA is around 3.6-3.62, while cGPA is around 3.25. I think among these 4 schools, only queens looks at cGPA and the rest look at sub GPA, right?

Plus I am curious to know what kind of experience is relevant / useful to application. I am now following an OT and observes what he does with patients. I am also going to volunteer at a hospital with an OT. Plus, I have been job shadowing with several others OTs and participating workshops about OT's duties and compassionate communication. How many hours are normally considered as "competitive" or "sufficient"?

Thanks and I really appreciate it if someone can share with me some thoughts. :)

I only applied to UofA for OT so can only speak for that school. I don't think you'd have a problem getting in to UofA. You probably won't get a first round offer and would be waitlisted, but I think if it's like this year, you should get an offer by mid July :)

Thanks for the info!

I sent you a PM ... I just would like to ask you some more questions :)

Thanks~

Archived