Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

For me, not terribly important because I find that first impressions are too deceiving. I'd rather slowly get to know someone over time.

However, I know for others first impressions can be extremely important. Say, meeting your partner's parents. Or, introducing yourself at an important interview. Therefore, I admit I make a very conscious effort of dressing and acting appropriately for the occasion.

Question:

How do you react when others takon.e photos of you?

Like it? Neutral? Hate it?

A smile and being dressed smartly goes a long way. Only don't take a photo of me unless you receive my permission.

Why don't you like animals and why do you like them and which do you prefer, animals or humans?

For me, not terribly important because I find that first impressions are too deceiving. I'd rather slowly get to know someone over time.

However, I know for others first impressions can be extremely important. Say, meeting your partner's parents. Or, introducing yourself at an important interview. Therefore, I admit I make a very conscious effort of dressing and acting appropriately for the occasion.

Question:

How do you react when others take photos of you?

Like it? Neutral? Hate it?

Totally hate it. Me and pictures do not compute.. lol. especially when I know that most of the time they end up on facebook.

TO f_d post: i love animals, but I prefer to talk to people.. lol

Have you ever done something specifically for your med app? (ie: you don't enjoy it but you do it anyways because it "looks good")

Cheers,

ABS:o

Totally hate it. Me and pictures do not compute.. lol. especially when I know that most of the time they end up on facebook.

TO f_d post: i love animals' date=' but I prefer to talk to people.. lol

Have you ever done something specifically for your med app? (ie: you don't enjoy it but you do it anyways because it "looks good")

Cheers,

ABS:o[/quote']

For med school application, I simply said it as it was, shining the best possible light of what was under discussion.

Cheers,

Yes, it was volunteering. I quit 2 months later and I'm not putting it on my app.

When is the Calgary med app due?

Cheers,

For med school application, I simply said it as it was, shining the best possible light of what was under discussion.

BTW, animals don't takl back or argue. :P

For females, do you go for personality or looks primarily?

I go for personality. Sometimes you get both, and that's basically my bf <3

Can someone else tell Mac when Calgary apps are due?

Historically, Calgary's apps have been due on October 15 at 11:59PM MST. However, I'm not sure if that's changed since their new manual, rules, etc came out. Also, References MUST be submitted by then, or else you get a "0" for that reference (reportedly).

Favourite TV cartoon character from when you were a kid?

The Rudolph the raindeer in those christmas specials, I felt so bad for him being picked on, or it could be hercules he seemed like a cool guy.

Do you like to make new friends, or is your circle of group of friends really exclusive and are very selective who you let in? Do you think we can be friends?

We are now besties.

Last person you spoke on the phone with?

I kind of wish I was taller, but not always.

Do grammar/spelling errors on this forum annoy you?

No. "Textspeak" however, does. I find it very hard to read a post full of "u"s instead of "you" and "i" instead of "I." But that's me, I'm definitely an "old fogey" compared to a lot of the people on this forum, and I didn't grow up texting. Heck, when I text these days I use full words and sentences. :P

If you could name a planet, what would you name it?

No. "Textspeak" however, does. I find it very hard to read a post full of "u"s instead of "you" and "i" instead of "I." But that's me, I'm definitely an "old fogey" compared to a lot of the people on this forum, and I didn't grow up texting. Heck, when I text these days I use full words and sentences. :P

If you could name a planet, what would you name it?

Pluto :P

What kind of body lotion do you use?

victoria secret perfume smells good, my biology lab partner wore DKNY be delicious green apple and she smelt good (we were in rez together, and friends).

I want to ask 2 questions, hope you dont mind.

1)should I go for an all black backpack or go for a mixed colour one?

2)how do you make important decisions? Like you are given a fork in the road and dunno which path to take

victoria secret perfume smells good, my biology lab partner wore DKNY be delicious green apple and she smelt good (we were in rez together, and friends).

2)how do you make important decisions? Like you are given a fork in the road and dunno which path to take

1) choose whatever colour suits you!

2) When I have to make an important decision, I am very careful. I will ask others for advice and what they would do in they were in my situation. I would take everything into account and wiegh my choice carefully to predicted consequences. In the end it will be my choice so I would hope to do the best I can.

How do you get good grades?

1) mixed colour, easier to find if temporarily lost

2) Firstly, you need to know that you have reached a fork and understand your options, the risks vs rewards, the likelihood of maximizing success and knowing if one option leads to less doors open down the road. Knowing your own stengths and weaknesses and where you are heading helps. Seek advice form others, but only rely upon yourself for the final decision regardless of the alleged expertise of those you speak to - it is your life.

Long or short hair?

I have a strong work ethic, academics are my first priority, I keep up woith my assisgnments, know which classes to skip and which are necessary to attend, I know myself well and using my methods, I was a straight A student in UG.

Long or short hair?

I like girls with long hair

My own hair is short

Last show you watched?