Premed 101 Forums

Which AAMC MCAT practices to do?

sharpshooter

I think I'm going to finish my content review by this Monday, leaving little time to do all the practices tests for my Aug 23 test date. I'm planning to do my last practice test 2 days before my test date.

If I only have enough time to do 6 of the 7 practices tests (AAMC practice tests 4-5,7-11. I already did #3), which practices tests should I write and in what order for the most benefit?

I read somewhere that some of the practice tests are more representative than others. If necessary, I can do the other practice test I skip if have to rewrite (hopefully not!).

Thank you very much!:)

You can try this site:

http://chrismcatstuff.tripod.com/

WOW awsome site I like its solutions - much better than what TPR provides.

EDIT:

To OP , all I know is that AAMC 3 is the easy one and AAMC 7 , 8 and 11 are the hard ones.

So far I have only done 5 and 1 and I found both of them to be easier than the questions in the review books.

AAMC 3 is the easy one.

The later ones (7/8/9) are more representative of the real thing, but again, don't be fooled into thinking that your score on those will translate into the actual thing. My advice would be to practice the later tests and identify your weak areas to review. I found the actual MCAT to be more difficult than any of the AAMC practice tests.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived