Premed 101 Forums

GPA 3.7 in 1 out of 2 years for OOP?

Hi Guys,

I know Dal requires that OOPs have a GPA of at least 3.7 for the 2 years that will be counted for the application.

If I have a 3.65 and a 3.92 for my best two years, should I apply? The reason I ask is because for Western, you can still get a conditional offer of acceptance if you don't have a 3.7 in one year as long as you attain that GPA in your final year before starting medical school.

If anyone knows what the policy is, it would be amazing if you could share!

Hi Guys,

I know Dal requires that OOPs have a GPA of at least 3.7 for the 2 years that will be counted for the application.

If I have a 3.65 and a 3.92 for my best two years, should I apply? The reason I ask is because for Western, you can still get a conditional offer of acceptance if you don't have a 3.7 in one year as long as you attain that GPA in your final year before starting medical school.

If anyone knows what the policy is, it would be amazing if you could share!

Unfortunately, you will not be able to apply this year. I was in the same situation, and had to wait until after my fourth year to apply.

You should talk to the admissions office first because they used to round up and they may still do so. Likely if you're using it to qualify rather than just as a score it may be a no go anyway, but the people in the office can tell you for sure.

Archived