Premed 101 Forums

Buying Macbook pro

Hello ,

I was thinking of buying a macbookpro for 1st year but wasnt sure where to get it from (apple store vs 3rd party store : futureshop/bestbuy). My main question was about the warranty. If anyone has any feedback regarding apple store warranty vs. future shop warranty, I would really appreciate it!

The thing is, I could get the laptop for a better price at futureshop but thinking for the long run, warranty/service is important.

Thanks for the help!

I'd be surprised if you can get a better price at a 3rd party store for a mac... A MacBook Pro starts at 1149$ on the Education Apple store. But hey, maybe there is a special promotion at the FutureShop in your area?

Personally, I have always bought my macs directly with apple (either online or at the local apple store), and I have always had an outstanding service (I've had my MBP battery replaced for free twice, after the 1 year warranty was expired!) I can't speak for FutureShop or BestBuy, as I very rarely buy from them, and never had to deal with their customer service.

Hello ,

I was thinking of buying a macbookpro for 1st year but wasnt sure where to get it from (apple store vs 3rd party store : futureshop/bestbuy). My main question was about the warranty. If anyone has any feedback regarding apple store warranty vs. future shop warranty, I would really appreciate it!

The thing is, I could get the laptop for a better price at futureshop but thinking for the long run, warranty/service is important.

Thanks for the help!

Nobody can beat the education price.

Either place you buy it from has the same 1 year warranty (through Apple). Do not buy an extended warranty from FS/BB. Buy AppleCare, much better warranty. FS/BB just send it to Apple to fix anyway, so you might as well skip the middleman when you need a repair--much faster + better service.

Nobody can beat the education price.

Either place you buy it from has the same 1 year warranty (through Apple). Do not buy an extended warranty from FS/BB. Buy AppleCare, much better warranty. FS/BB just send it to Apple to fix anyway, so you might as well skip the middleman when you need a repair--much faster + better service.

++++

Stick with Apple directly and Apple Care. You'll not regret it. I speak from experience as well.

Edit: I just realized the irony of you receiving advice about Apple from a guy called Applemanv3....

Archived