Premed 101 Forums

MCAT identification: urgent

Guest flower

Guest flower

When I signed up for my aamc account I didn't put a space between the two parts of my first name and I just realized that on my ID there is a space. Does that mean I won't be able to write the test?

For example:

On my ID: Charry Lyn Smith

On my aamc account: CharryLyn Smith

anyone with any experience like this? :(

thanks...

AAMC MCAT Essentials is pretty clear that your registration name needs to match your ID. I would suggest calling AAMC tomorrow morning and letting them know. They can probably fix it.

I don't have any personal experience with this issue, maybe someone else can help more.

When I signed up for my aamc account I didn't put a space between the two parts of my first name and I just realized that on my ID there is a space. Does that mean I won't be able to write the test?

For example:

On my ID: Charry Lyn Smith

On my aamc account: CharryLyn Smith

anyone with any experience like this? :(

thanks...

I was in the SAME exact situation as you. My heart dropped when I read that "exact name" sentence in the email! Anyhow, good news is that there isn't anything to worry about. I believe the people checking you in DO practice a BIT of common sense :). They ask you to present a photo ID...do you look like the person in the photo?...If so, a mere space between the name will NOT be an issue. Moreover, just to be on the safe side, take like 2-3 photo IDs with your name; I am certain it will be fine. Good luck on your MCAT.

Honestly contact the AAMC. For some unknown reason the people at my testing center had my name on their list without a middle name (even though i registered with my middle name- it was in the confirmation email correctly) and because my ID has my middle name, they gave me such a hard time on test day. It totally threw me off I had to sit on the phone on hold for a half hour. Do not just hope it works out for the best. Call them. Just my advice.

Guest flower

Thank you so much everyone. Especially Tesla..that makes me feel so much better, thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm writing it this week, so I can't make changes to my name anymore. But yes I agree with Adrianna; I will contact them on Monday and try to get this sorted out.

Good luck everyone

Honestly contact the AAMC. For some unknown reason the people at my testing center had my name on their list without a middle name (even though i registered with my middle name- it was in the confirmation email correctly) and because my ID has my middle name, they gave me such a hard time on test day. It totally threw me off I had to sit on the phone on hold for a half hour. Do not just hope it works out for the best. Call them. Just my advice.

i didnt enter my middle name when registering although i have a legal middle name and it is on my photo id. what should i do? my test is on the 18th

Archived