Premed 101 Forums

too much left over time in biological science?

Dr. Jan Intor

I write august 23rd so ive been doing a lot of practice tests and I find that ive been finishing the biological sciences with about 20 minutes on most of the tests. Been scoring 10 consistently, do most of you guys find u have a lot of time left over in this section or am I just rushing through it too much?

I write august 23rd so ive been doing a lot of practice tests and I find that ive been finishing the biological sciences with about 20 minutes on most of the tests. Been scoring 10 consistently, do most of you guys find u have a lot of time left over in this section or am I just rushing through it too much?

Initially I had about 15-20 minutes to spare as well but I wasn't scoring as high as I wanted, so I decided to instead take more time and focus on each passage rather than to come back to most questions in the end. So now I usually have about 5-8 minutes left and revisit the questions that I was absolutely uncertain about. Since you're consistently scoring 10 with 20 minutes remaining, you could try spending more time on each passage to really immerse yourself in each topic and hopefully improve your score that way.

I've had the same thing for all my AAMCs. I always ended up with 11-12 though so I didn't know what else to do because the questions I didn't get were ones I simply didn't know. During the actual test I took my time because I knew I wouldn't be pressed for it so I had only about 10 minutes left.

Hey guys... what was ur strategy when u studied for bio? Im finding it to be my lowest score on the AAMC FLs, and im kind of freaking out... i have one week left till my exam, and my goal is a 13 on the BS section... but im sitting around an 11... do you think i can pull it up to 13 in just a week... im willing to work extra hard! How should i go about doing this... im really weak at memorizing things, and have really little bio background. any advice on how to study for this... i thought i had studied really well... but im finding out a little late that apparently i studied the wrong way?

Please share your strategies :) ... most stuff i found online was old, and i've been reading that they have changed the BS section recently to be a lot like verbal?

Archived