Premed 101 Forums

Rewriting

Asta

So, I decided to rewrite my MCAT because my test day score (10/10/11/R) was lower than my AAMC average (12/13/12). I signed up for September 2nd. I was really disappointed on the verbal - the lowest that I had scored before that was an 11.

I am working on a study schedule, and it is two weeks until test day.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have not reviewed any content since my test day (July 16) and I am hoping that it has not all fallen out of my head.

Right now, I plan on writing the 3 practice tests that I have left (EK & 2 Kaplan), reviewing my old AAMC tests, doing science passages from my science hyperlearning workbook and doing the last few EK 101 verbal tests that I have left. I plan on doing a light content review - I really hope I do not get too bogged down with this.

For the hyperlearning science stuff, I am planning on doing 2-3 passages/topic every day until the test.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I plan to rewrite as well on september 2nd because everything else was full. I started review today and I am surprised how much i remember. I did start with where I thought I went wrong in the actual exam ie timing in the sections and nervousness. I dont know if your aware of why you didnt do as well as you hoped but thats just my plan. Hope your rewrite is awesome and you enjoyed your month off :D

Thanks for the encouragement guys! My only real issue is that I actually felt pretty good walking out of my mcat. I don't know too much what went wrong.

I plan on practising the areas of my practice tests that are weak.

Time to study...

Archived