Premed 101 Forums

Step 1 Application Questions

I got a few questions regarding Step 1 online application:

1) I am currently completing Master's and I already have an undergraduate degree. How do I add multiple degrees/colleges to the online application? There is a field for only one degree and college.

2) I wrote MCAT multiple times. Do I only add the best score?

3) For this question, do I answer "yes" to all of them or do I need to actually pick only one option. Here is the question:

Per our academic requirements, applicants must meet the minimum GPA requirement prior to making an application to the Faculty of Medicine.

OPTION A: Two most recent years of full time study prior to submitting an application.

Answer "Yes" for this option.

OPTION B: Best 3 out of 4 years of full time study (only eligible if you have graduated at the time of application).

OPTION C: All course grades from graduate program combined with two consecutive years from undergraduate degree.

4) Is it bad to prefer one interview location over another? Can I say "yes" to both interview locations?

Thanks for answering! Sorry if answers are straightforward. I am just panicking since this is due soon and I can't reach admissions office to clarify.

I'm sorry I don't have definitive answers to your questions but I believe for question 3 you should select which you would like them to use - ie. which gives you the best GPA.

I also had a question about step 7 - when they ask if you have ever applied to medicine and what year. are they referring only to Dalhousie or medicine in general?

Thanks!

2) Yes - they will have access to all of your MCAT scores, but I believe there is only room for one MCAT in the application... put your best one.

4) It doesn't matter - I put Halifax as my preference, but ended up in Saint John. I was told that they gave our preferences by submission time (so if you want your preferred interview location, don't wait until the last minute to submit!)

1) I completed a Hon.B.Sc. in 2009 and am in another professional degree right now. Both are at UofT, so when I emailed the Admissions office, they said put the start of the first one and end of the second. When they look at my transcript, they said, they would be able to see all the details.

You should confirm with admissions by email asap. Better yet, call them.

2)Only put the best MCAT's scores (all of them must be from one sitting). Make sure you release to Dalhousie from the MCAT Thx.

3) I picked an option. Options are by default to be chosen exclusively.

4) I stated no preference, so I don't know if you can prefer both. Then again, "preference" also implies wanting one choice more than another.

As for KMMD's question, the previous application question refers to whether you have previously applied to Dalhousie only.

GL.

Thanks everyone.

I also got a reply back from admissions so I am posting here so if someone else have the same questions.

1) If you only want them to use undergrad GPA, only put undergrad degree there. If you want them to use both undergrad GPA and grad GPA - use start date of first degree and end date of second degree.

2) Use best score only.

3) Pick one option.

4) Either pick no preference or select one.

Archived