Premed 101 Forums

CASPer

Is there any way to actually prepare for CASPer. Anyone who took it able to describe what it was like?

I think the whole point is so you can't prepare for it. I think it's supposed to represent a MMI. Just do a quick look around this forum and on the Mac website and you will get a description of what it is and what people thought about it. Nobody seems to know exactly what they are looking for, but they want to know your personality and not the generic responses that everybody else gives.

You absolutely can prepare for casper. Spend a month or so beforehand (if you haven't already) reading doing right. Read through a couple ethics cases online. Search up some MMI scenarios and pound out some answers (maybe limiting your time?).

You don't need to "study" for casper but you can sure as heck set yourself up to do well by having the thinking processes down in your head.

I disagree. I think the only thing you can prepare for is the typing part. If you are slow, practise (and it doesn't have to be perfect, spelling and grammar don't count. It just has to be understood by the reader). Other than that, I don't think there's anything you can do. Just like an MMI, they want to know what you think of a random situation, but more importantly (at least, I think it's more important) why you think so.

Archived