Premed 101 Forums

Is it just me?

eternalkeener

Is it just me, or is the scoring on AAMC 10 brutal?

That was my last practice test until my real test date on Tuesday, and my score slipped down from 32 to 30. :( My verbal slipped down 2 points! I didn't practice all summer to get crappy marks! I don't know whether I'm going crazy, whether my focus is slipping because I felt over-confident before AAMC 10, or whether the test was hard. I don't know what to think!! I do know that my timing was off though compared to other tests. This probably had a large bearing on my score.

Argh! I wanted my last practice test to be even higher to keep me pumped for the test!!!! *$#@#!

Frustration is setting in as there are only 2.5 days until my real test!

Well, I found AAMC10 to be easier than AAMC11 at least.

On AAMC10, I agree with you that the verbal portion was a bit on the harder side (my score went down too). But I found BS/PS portion to be okay.

My test is on the 23rd as well! I'm just gonna review the content material today and tomorrow and watch Harry Potter on Monday.

We can do this!

Well, I found AAMC10 to be easier than AAMC11 at least.

On AAMC10, I agree with you that the verbal portion was a bit on the harder side (my score went down too). But I found BS/PS portion to be okay.

My test is on the 23rd as well! I'm just gonna review the content material today and tomorrow and watch Harry Potter on Monday.

We can do this!

The curve for AAMC 10 is tougher

Is it just me, or is the scoring on AAMC 10 brutal?

That was my last practice test until my real test date on Tuesday, and my score slipped down from 32 to 30. :( My verbal slipped down 2 points! I didn't practice all summer to get crappy marks! I don't know whether I'm going crazy, whether my focus is slipping because I felt over-confident before AAMC 10, or whether the test was hard. I don't know what to think!! I do know that my timing was off though compared to other tests. This probably had a large bearing on my score.

Argh! I wanted my last practice test to be even higher to keep me pumped for the test!!!! *$#@#!

Frustration is setting in as there are only 2.5 days until my real test!

Definitely not the time to get frustrated. A lot of the times difficulty of a test just depends on what your comfort zone is, how you were feeling that day, your caloric intake etc etc.

Just don't psych yourself out. I did my last today (aamc 4) and i got a 9 on VR. I started freaking out, but seriously the reality is I can't do anything about it.

As you said, we've studied all summer. We've done all the practice exams available to us. All that is left is to get a good nights sleep, food, water and concentration during the exam and hopefully we will all get our 11s!

Good luck!

So true, haps. Very wise words! It's not the time to get frustrated. Proper food, rest and the right confident mindset are what led us to get nice practice scores, so how could the laws of the universe suddenly get inverted for the real MCAT?? They obviously can't. This is just the pre-test jitters and I have to be strict with myself in order to rein them in. I hope you can too, everyone!

IIsoftII,

YES WE CAN DO THIS THING!!!!!!

Let's go show this MCAT who's boss!

It's funny, people tell me to pretend the MCAT is a string of cases you have to look at in a typical day of work as a doctor so that I don't lose focus during the test. This works fine, but since it really isn't a work day (probably a little bit too abstract to be like a typical work day for a doc), this strategy doesn't work as well as 'Oh I'm so going to cream this test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm going to be so happy with my mark when it comes back!'. I find that thinking about the end result rather than the struggle actually gets me to the right score zone.

Archived