Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS semester hours conversion from credit scales?

I just noticed that on my verified AMCAS primary, they have all of my semester courses (even lab courses) as 3 semester-hour (I went to UofT so they have 0.5 / 1.0 credit system). Shouldn't lab courses be 4 semester hours????:confused:

Thanks.

As long as you copied hours exactly how they appeared on your transcript, you're good. Did you select the "with lab" check-box as well as write "with lab" in the course name? If so, I believe schools should be able to see that a lab was included.

From what I understand (and from what I've been told), hours are not all that important.

As long as you copied hours exactly how they appeared on your transcript, you're good. Did you select the "with lab" check-box as well as write "with lab" in the course name? If so, I believe schools should be able to see that a lab was included.

From what I understand (and from what I've been told), hours are not all that important.

So I should write 0.5 or 1.0 hours? Or should I "translate" by myself and give "with lab" courses 4 semester hours, instead of 3 given by AMCAS?

So I should write 0.5 or 1.0 hours? Or should I "translate" by myself and give "with lab" courses 4 semester hours, instead of 3 given by AMCAS?

Hmm...that's a good question. You mentioned your AMCAS app was already verified right? Does the verified application indicate 3 semester hours for courses with lab? If it does, I personally wouldn't about it--however, I'm not a U of T student, so my units per class are different, and I don't want to provide you with false information.

Maybe the following thread will help you a bit: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54132

Sorry I can't help much with this one. Any U of T students out there??

Hmm...that's a good question. You mentioned your AMCAS app was already verified right? Does the verified application indicate 3 semester hours for courses with lab? If it does, I personally wouldn't about it--however, I'm not a U of T student, so my units per class are different, and I don't want to provide you with false information.

Maybe the following thread will help you a bit: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54132

Ya that's the thing. AMCAS gave my lab courses only 3 hours...

Anyway, thanks for the prompt reply!

• 1 year later...

the same story here!

Archived