Premed 101 Forums

Shuttle system

Hi,

I'm entering 4th year medicine at UBC, and I'll be doing elective at the U of O. I was hoping someone could help shed some light on the shuttle system between the General Campus and the Civic Campus. I tried doing some searches online, but haven't found much help. I was hoping someone here could tell me where I can find the shuttle bus (ie where is the station) ? Is it easy to spot? Do you need an Ottawa med ID card? Thanks for your help!

I've tried to find info about it online in the past too and wasn't able to find anything! It runs every half hour in both directions, only until 6pm though - not sure about the time, might be earlier or later. I think it's only supposed to be for hospital staff and students, but I've never been asked for ID. At the General, it comes to the underpass near the critical care wing, anesthesiology department, and Tim Horton's. At the Civic, it comes near the main entrance, west of emerg - it's pretty easy to spot when you're there. I'm sure there's a phone number you can call to find out about it, or go to the info desk at either hospital when you get to Ottawa.

Archived