Premed 101 Forums

Writing Sample?

99Problems

So I just finished the August 23rd MCAT, and I feel alright. I however neglected to study for the writing sample (as I've usually gotten very high marks on essays). While writing the two essays I realized that my power to form coherent arguments stems from extensive revision. When each of the 30 minutes was up, I felt like my points were still only marginally developed, despite the essays being done.

Normally I wouldn't care if I got an average score on the MCAT but I just found out that Queen's requires at least a Q-R!

Does anybody actually feel after they wrote their essays like: "yep, this is clear, concise and a fine argument." ? What's the consensus on how people feel after their writing sample?

1) Queens may change this year. I'm actually not too sure why they use the WS in the first place when all the evidence points towards VR as the more probable predictor of performance. In addition, what may have happened was that there were too many applicants and they...in a very arbitrary "Queens" like fashion considering the system crash, chose to use WS and ECs. Who knows? They might use VR and ECs.

2) No. You need to address the 3 tasks, no matter how fine the argument may sound. As long as you did something related to the three, then you'll be marked to that degree.

Archived