Premed 101 Forums

Reference letter choices

Hi All,

My question is with regards to the Memorial application but because that forum is a little bit slow, i wanted to request some advice here.

I have to submit two letters of recommendation - one academic and one non-academic.

I have the following choices for non-academic letter:

1) Music Teacher who knows me for over 7 years - I have significant music involvement and he definitely has known me personally, academically and extra-curricular-wise as well. most of involvement was in high school.

2) Research supervisors - will be doing a fourth year project with them, have volunteered in the their lab, did a summer internship with them , they know me well personally and academically, one of them is a physician and they want to write a joint letter.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

Research is more a reflection of your academic abilities rather than an extracurricular activity, is it not?

This seems to be controversial on this forum for some reason.

In my humble opinion--after applying to multiple med schools and carms-- is that research supervisors are ACADEMIC! Research is more academic than writing a test or essay for a course. Research and academia are nearly synonymous.

bnface

Archived