Premed 101 Forums

University of Alberta Interview

Hi, So I heard some school uses MMI style interview for dentistry admission. (I heard rumors that U of A will change their interview style) I know that Med school uses same format but I found a lot of MMI questions for med school had something to do with health care and about hospital situations..

ex. your patient need surgery. you do not have time for some very important event. what would you do?

I am wondering if the contents of the MMI questions for dental school is same as med school....

Any information would be appreciated.

The only school that has dent mmi is sask. But there are only dumped of the interview change. I believe they will do one more year of cda. But in my experience of dent mmi from sask it's more or less the same. Also the question you asked is more of a cda question rather than mmi

Edit: maybe some Quebec and east schools do too. Not sure

mmi can be situational. from what i know mmi can ask you questions like why dent/med, why U of A or how do u interpret this situation.

CDA is always what would u do if _______________ happened? or Tell us about a time when __________________ happened to you

EDIt: questions like in this post: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50120

however some schools will not ask you personal questions (and those questions will not be scored)

The only school that has dent mmi is sask. But there are only dumped of the interview change. I believe they will do one more year of cda. But in my experience of dent mmi from sask it's more or less the same. Also the question you asked is more of a cda question rather than mmi

Edit: maybe some Quebec and east schools do too. Not sure

Have you seen the sample mmi question from U of C med school? A lot of them were actually related to career (being a doctor what would you do ?) and to be honest I do not have a lot of experience in medical field. I hardly go see my family doctor or dentist. (not even once in a year...) And yes I do not have a lot of information about health care system too.

But I thought you learn those thing once you get in... Not when you apply..

Hey aravis, Do you know if they will ask a lot of health care related questions?

Or would it be to find out your personality and morality ?

I would hate to be interviewed with their new system for the first time...

tbh I know next to nothing about MMIs but know a ton about CDA interviews. sorry!

• 2 years later...

Archived