Premed 101 Forums

never hurts to apply. However I'm going to give you a bit of perspective.

Last year, with the old scheme, I had a 3.90 GPA and an 8 in verbal. I moved to AB to get IP status but based on my statistics my verbal would not have been high enough to land me an interview if I applied as an OOP.

Look up the formulas and do some math to see where you stand. Although like I said, what's 100$ to apply?

Thank you...I didn't really think I stood a chance but I'm applying because my ref's are very strong.

I'm also thinking of moving to Alberta to gain IP status, probably will have to.

I think you might be a little late for this year. It has to be one year from the 1st day of class.

I'd still apply. High scores in VR are fairly rare, and there are few applicants who had time to 'game the system' inasmuch as that's possible with the new criteria. Worst case scenario, you lose $100; best case scenario you wind up like me - getting in when you thought you would be lucky to get an interview.

I'd still apply. High scores in VR are fairly rare, and there are few applicants who had time to 'game the system' inasmuch as that's possible with the new criteria. Worst case scenario, you lose $100; best case scenario you wind up like me - getting in when you thought you would be lucky to get an interview.

that doesn't make any sense. MCAT is based on a curve. Therefore, distribution of scores in VR is the same as in PS and BS.

OMG I JUST CHECKED MY SCORE FROM THE JULY TEST AND I GOT A 10!!!!!

I GOT A 10 IN VR!!!!!!!!

NOW WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?!?! BAHBHAHAHAHSKDFJLSDFJLSDKFJ

I am ecstatic obviously.

I'd apply

that doesn't make any sense. MCAT is based on a curve. Therefore, distribution of scores in VR is the same as in PS and BS.

Hm, I suppose that's mathematically true. I wasn't thinking about bellcurves when I wrote it. It does seem anecdotally easier to find people with poor VR than high, but you ought to be right.

Hm, I suppose that's mathematically true. I wasn't thinking about bellcurves when I wrote it. It does seem anecdotally easier to find people with poor VR than high, but you ought to be right.

Maybe there's a correlation between high VR score and being secretive? :o

I'd apply

Incorrect. Distribution of the scores is not curved, it's normalized. The distribution of scores in VR is vastly different than PS which is also vastly different than BS.

Check the AMCAS website before spreading statistical information...

Getting a 10 on VR is great - be proud of yourself OP.

Archived