Premed 101 Forums

going from a 28 to a 30

beanbeans

Hey Guys

So far I have done all the AAMCs except for the #10 and #11, which are supposed to be the hardest. My scores: 27, 28, 29, 27, 29, 28.

Why are my scores hovering!? These scores are over the span of 2 months. Why have I not improved?!!?!?!??!!?!?!??!

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get my next practice MCAT score to a 30?

Pleeeease help!

Yeah my scores are hovering in the same area as you, 27-30, mainly due to my weakness in verbal. The MCAT is 4 tests in one. To move from 28-30 you need so see where your weakness is and master you weakest area.

It's not just about finding weaknesses. Memorization and understanding of the concepts will score you an 8-10. Understanding the MCAT and learning how to extract info from the passage will get you 11-12 maybe 13. Luck on top of that gets you 13, 14 or 15.

I would say less, memorization and understanding would get 6-8 in a science section, the rest is as you said extracting revelent information and understanding the questions. The MCAT is a test of concepts and technique. Everyone has 'technique' which brings the score to the 8-10 average. Someone with good technique would go into the 11+ range depending on how well its developed. For example Verbal is 100% technique. Technique in PS is about manipulating equations, using multiple equations, dimensional analysis, conversion to base units, using variables, seeing relations among numbers, etc + passage extraction and evaluation. BS is more of the latter.

Archived