Premed 101 Forums

Am I going crazy or is the extension to Dal med app real?

If you go to http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/

On the "HOME" tab for main page of the Admissions Office, it says:

What's Happening in the Admissions Office?

Attention Applicants for the class of 2016:

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT STEP 2 OF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED. STEP 2 IS NOW DUE ON OR BEFORE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2011 AT 11:59PM ATLANTIC TIME ZONE.

If you go to http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/

On the "HOME" tab for main page of the Admissions Office, it says:

What's Happening in the Admissions Office?

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT STEP 2 OF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED. STEP 2 IS NOW DUE ON OR BEFORE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2011 AT 11:59PM ATLANTIC TIME ZONE.

Wow!!! I'm so confused. I am going to the exact place you described and this is what I see:

Your application fee of $70.00 is due by Tuesday September 6th, 2011 4:00pm Atlantic Time Zone. If we do not receive your payment by this date and time your application will be cancelled. Please contact the Registrar's office to make this payment at 1-902-494-2450

Please Note: Step 1 of the application is now due on August 19 however, all other deadlines remain as listed.

Note: We have eliminated the requirement for reference letters to be submitted as part of our application process beginning with the 2011-12 admissions cycle.

maybe I should've clicked the submit button an hour ago, it was all done but I'm a compulsive freak. Double-triple-checking everything since they supposedly extended the deadline.

I wonder if anyone successfully tried calling (and getting through to) them and asked them about the extension? I couldn't get through earlier today and had to go work. I've no response from my e-mail since I first noticed the extension either. Hopefully they'll fix it!

Archived