Premed 101 Forums

Re: Interview Concepts at American School

canadaanon

I want to ask about what American schools look for in a Canadian applicant. How does a Canadian citizen explain applying to American School? Should the applicant focus on certain things during the interview?

I am applying to American schools only. I live in Ontario and will not get into Medical school here. I have a 3.85 (AMCAS) with a 36M ( 2nd MCAT, 1st was a 34M). My OMSAS GPA is like 3.76

Any advice / suggestion are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to ask about what American schools look for in a Canadian applicant. How does a Canadian citizen explain applying to American School? Should the applicant focus on certain things during the interview?

I am applying to American schools only. I live in Ontario and will not get into Medical school here. I have a 3.85 (AMCAS) with a 36M ( 2nd MCAT, 1st was a 34M). My OMSAS GPA is like 3.76

Any advice / suggestion are appreciated.

What makes you so certain that you will not get into med school here with a 36M and a 3.76 GPA? Don't make your bed and lay in it too prematurely! Apply broadly and early if you haven't already.

Back to your question, in general US schools look for the same personal qualities in Canadian applicants as their US counterparts but Canadian applicants should have higher avg technical stats than their US counterparts to be competitive.

Of course once you get to the interview, ultimately, it comes down to whether you are a suitable fit for xyz med school.

Archived