Premed 101 Forums

Communications bachelor, want to study Med

Here is the situation. I just finished a bachelor in communications, which is not at all linked with Med, and I am 22. When I was in high school, I really hesitated between communications and medical sciences, and now that I am in the communications field, I can see it is not at all the life I want to have. If I do all the required courses (sciences, chemistry, physics, etc.) I haven't done, do you think I would have chances to be taken in a Med faculty ?

Thanks !

Having a background in something not related to medicine is not an issue.

How were your marks/GPA in your communications bachelors? Was it a 4 years program? Did you take a full course load every year? How are your EC's? Do you think you will be able to get string reference letters? What province are you from?

The above are important questions that you need to think about and maybe post some of that info on here for others on the forum to be able to answer your question on whether you have a chance.

My GPA is 4.5 (B+), it was a 3 years program, and I should be able to get reference letters. What is an EC ? I live in Montreal, Quebec, though I don't mind at all going in a med school in any province or any country (though not in the US because it is way too expansive). What scared me is that at the University of Montreal, for instance, you have to have done your "Cegep" (the equivalent of the 2 last years before University) in 2 years, but as I haven't done the chemistry, maths and physics related courses because I studied in Communications, if I do them next year, I will have had studied for more that 2 years at "Cegep"...

Archived