Premed 101 Forums

*Receipt confirmation of apps.

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Dave-UG4

Date:***12/1/2000 2:02 am*PST

How would I know if the schools got all my application files (including the reference letters, MCAT scores, transcript, etc)? Do I need to call them and ask them?

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Simon Chiu, UG3

Date:***12/1/2000 5:04 am*PST

Dave,

I received confirmation letters from OMSAS and whatever school I applied to (outside of OMSAS).

If this hasn't happened yet, try e-mailing the admissions officer(s) in charge.

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***12/3/2000 1:44 am*PST

Heya,

Sorry about forgetting about this board. I've been absolutely hit by a landslide of work this semester. First year was a cakewalk in Hawaii in August by comparison.

I would send them an email to check. Each school does things differently. By far the best organized school I dealt with was U of Calgary, where you are given a postcard to fill out and send in along with your application materials. Once U of C has received everything from you, they mail you back the postcard to inform you that your materials have all been received.

With some other schools, it's like either your application or the med school itself has fallen into a black hole. With these schools, you don't hear anything until it's time to send out interview notices and rejection letters.

Sounds like you might have an "other" school. I'd send them an e-mail. If they don't respond in a week's time, I think it's then fair to call.

Ian

Can, MS2

Archived