Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers

You can use the same verifier for multiple activities (if that person has knowledge of those activities, duh :) ) so that will cut down on the number of verifiers.

You don't need to contact each one, but then you run the risk of having one of those people selected and them not remembering you. And if I were being used as a verifier, I would appreciate the heads up of a potential phone call.

Since there is one verifier for each activity and there are so many of them, do you guys contact each one of the verifiers beforehand?

Definitely. I think it's impolite not to inform them and you don't want verifiers sounding confused if they get the call.

Can I use a sibling as a verifier? There is nobody in canada that knows about my international volunteering except for my sister, who volunteered with me abroad (i didnt go with an NGO or any other organization)

It's not ideal but if that's your only option... Is there anyone internationally you could use? Are you still in touch with anyone over there?

Archived