Premed 101 Forums

Occupational Therapy Application

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, glad to hear you are thinking about U of A, Monchichi. We are just finishing up our first semester now and I am really enjoying the program and Edmonton! It is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be - they are working hard at training us to think critically and clinically. The one downside is that it is such a large class (100 students, the largest program in Canada) but the upside is that you get to work with a variety of people and personalities - and real life is like that anyway!

I am from BC as well so it was one of my first choices. I think the program is relatively easy to get into if you have a decent GPA and relevant extracurriculars. Good luck and maybe we'll see you next year :)

that's true!! i called orpas and they said that they don't know lol

but i'm not going to cite as well because there's no room!! and since they didn't mention it explicitly, i don't think they're expecting citations

I already submitted mine. The character count is so strict. Anything beyond 5000 will be cut... so if you provide citation, you will have to sacrifice a lot for content. I am not sure if it is worth to do that... but I think useful content is more important than citation, right?

There a reason why you didn't apply to UBC?

oh no, we were talking about UT. For UBC, I don't have the pre-requisites. I already graduated 2 years ago and am currently working full time for a large project. Plus I live on Vancouver Island. Busy work + family + location + job shadowing with OT + taking language courses = I can't do those 3 pre-requisites now.

I just did a stats course here to meet alberta's requirement. It's really no fun to work, study, take care of my family at the same time.... So I give up UBC

oh no, we were talking about UT. For UBC, I don't have the pre-requisites. I already graduated 2 years ago and am currently working full time for a large project. Plus I live on Vancouver Island. Busy work + family + location + job shadowing with OT + taking language courses = I can't do those 3 pre-requisites now.

I just did a stats course here to meet alberta's requirement. It's really no fun to work, study, take care of my family at the same time.... So I give up UBC

Thank you for your reply. I saw you applied somewhat broadly, except UBC, even though you're from BC, so was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

For UofT/ Queens OT, what do they mean by cover sheet? Do they mean a cover letter or a sheet with my name & info on it? Generally, a cover sheet is just a personal information fact sheet, but I'm not too sure what they really meant by it? Thanks :)

Hey guys,

For UofT/ Queens OT, what do they mean by cover sheet? Do they mean a cover letter or a sheet with my name & info on it? Generally, a cover sheet is just a personal information fact sheet, but I'm not too sure what they really meant by it? Thanks :)

I think they mean a resume?

Isn't it too late to apply though?

Hey guys,

I think it just means a cover sheet with your name on it (plus ORPAS #), since your name can't appear anywhere on the resume. It's their way of keeping record of things, I think.

Archived