Premed 101 Forums

Rotation Evals: send them all?

Dany

Hi

Just wondering should I send ALL my available rotation evals to the program that I apply for?

I know some programs (say IM at McGill) "strongly recommend" (but don't really "require") related eval (CTU in this case) +/- that of your rotations. That's it.

Whereas other universities don't even bother to mention rotation (mandatory or elective) evals in "required documents"

Several IM programs 'strongly recommend' your IM eval - it seems silly to me because basically they are going to get 3 pages of boxes with checkmarks and an illegible comment box which is transcribed onto my transcript anyway. But I will send it because they ask and it means you are paying attention to what they ask. But I don't see a reason to send any one for which they do not ask.

Dany,

At most schools, clerkship comments are integrated into the MSPR.

Since quebec schools like to do things differently, for example at Ulaval the comments are not summarized in the MSPR, instead they send ALL the evals to Carms.

If a program ask you to send a specific evaluation, I would follow their directions.

Archived