Premed 101 Forums

late mcat score release

Hi guys,

I am totally feeling depressed right now as I think I may have just ruined my chances of medical school this year. I just received an email from OMSAS saying they have not received my MCAT score. I was able to go into the AMCAS system and fix this but it is now past the deadline. Am I basically disqualified for this cycle? :(

Hi guys,

I am totally feeling depressed right now as I think I may have just ruined my chances of medical school this year. I just received an email from OMSAS saying they have not received my MCAT score. I was able to go into the AMCAS system and fix this but it is now past the deadline. Am I basically disqualified for this cycle? :(

did they say in the email anything about you sending the scores in now? or anything about your application being disqualified? i would give them a call or email them to ask about this, that really sucks!

well i would still send the scores in and not panic too much, because it's not like it's been forever since we submitted our apps. and they take transcripts late as well as reference letters, so i would think them warning you about the med schools disqualifying you is more to make you do it ASAP. now is the time they are updating all the paperwork and sending everything to med schools so i think if you do it ASAP, it should be ok. of course this is just my own opinion based on what i know, but hope it's true for your case! don't fret too much, call up the med schools if you are too worried and confirm.

Archived