Premed 101 Forums

highschool diploma.....

Guest nighthawk87

Guest nighthawk87

This may seem stupid , but i am interested if a highschool diploma (OSSD) is required to get into pre-med. I am homeschooled , so i have the same knowlage as someone who went to conventional school , but without the credit. (i have been doing courses from the school board but they do not offer credits)

I am now thinking about getting my OAC credits through correspondence , or at an adult high school.

But will that be enough to get into pre-med????

Guest Kirsteen

Hi nighthawk87,

Why don't you give UT Admissions a shout to find out? I don't know what school you'd be interested in, but given that there should be a number of other individuals interested in pursuing a university education who share your educational background I'm sure that UT may have some answers for you. I know, for example, that UT offers a Comparative Education Service which evaluates courses/degrees from other countries to see how they compare to Ontario education standards, so they may have something similar for individuals with a home-schooled educational background. The undergraduate admissions office phone number is (416)978-2190.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived