Premed 101 Forums

MD/PhD

• 3 weeks later...
Word on the street is that there are around 15-20 who apply and I'm guessing they interview half of them for 4-5 spots.

The 14th interview is for UofT's MD/PhD.

Hmm that's interesting that they emailed you so early with an invite when the email they sent out said to expect an email in January regarding interviews....

Also you should check your numbers. Last year there was ~50 who applied and they interviewed half of these people for exactly 7 spots. The dean of the program in Sept. 2011, said that they would be holding the number of spots steady for the upcoming year, not decreasing it.

I feel you are a troll.

haha - you sound pretty bitter for not getting an early invite...

In any case - you asked how many people apply to and are interviewed by Mac's MD/PhD - those are the numbers. I know this because a current student in the program is in a lab I did one of my undergrad project courses in. Last year there were 4 people accepted by Mac.

The UofT numbers are twice that of Macs in terms of who applies and they interview 16-20.

Take it or leave it.. doesn't really make a difference to me.

Not bitter but your story doesn't add up. Current md/phd students also get an email telling them that there will be md/phd interview that day and there will be a lunch meet and greet and my friend didnt get that email who is in the program. Also the numbers you are quoting is right I thought the numbers you were giving was in reference to uoft and your interview.

haha - you sound pretty bitter for not getting an early invite...

In any case - you asked how many people apply to and are interviewed by Mac's MD/PhD - those are the numbers. I know this because a current student in the program is in a lab I did one of my undergrad project courses in. Last year there were 4 people accepted by Mac.

The UofT numbers are twice that of Macs in terms of who applies and they interview 16-20.

Take it or leave it.. doesn't really make a difference to me.

Man whatever helps you sleep at night. I had a pretty solid interview and I guess it's just me, the other interviewees from yesterday, the students I met, and my interviewers who could vouch for me. Have fun being the program's sloppy seconds. The program has always interviewed a select few students ahead of time and when I asked them why they said this was to be competitive with the American MD/PhD programs which some of us are also applying to and will find out if we're accepted to or not in the next few weeks (way before the Canadian programs even give out their interviews). But like I said.. believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

Man whatever helps you sleep at night. I had a pretty solid interview and I guess it's just me, the other interviewees from yesterday, the students I met, and my interviewers who could vouch for me. Have fun being the program's sloppy seconds. The program has always interviewed a select few students ahead of time and when I asked them why they said this was to be competitive with the American MD/PhD programs which some of us are also applying to and will find out if we're accepted to or not in the next few weeks (way before the Canadian programs even give out their interviews). But like I said.. believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

Are you sure of that, Biggie? You need to give this a rest. I called Sandy last week and she said NO early invites were given out for the MD/PhD program and that they haven't even selected the people who will be interviewing for the program yet. And she said to make this clear, that NO early invites were given out under any circumstance not even for "exceptional" candidates like you. So, in your words, "believe whatever helps you sleep at night". I hope I don't see you at the REAL interview weekends, if you even applied or would ever get an actual interview.

Biggie, all signs point to you being a troll and you should honestly be ashamed of yourself. This process is extremely difficult for all of us and we should be using this forum to help each other, not stir up other people's emotions. What will you gain from this? Get a life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived