Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcripts

Guest JD

For applicants in the current (2001-02) cycle, OMSAS requires our final transcripts by the end of the month. Are we supposed to fill out that form on the OMSAS website and mail it to them, or do we arrange ourselves for the university registrar to send it to them, or what?

Guest hmsdread

Its confusing, huh? I think we fill out the form and send it to OMSAS, who then requests the transcript from our university. But I'm not 100% sure... if anyone knows, please help us out!

OK I e-mailed them, and they responded pretty quickly. They said that "it's better" to use the transcript request form, so I'll be doing that. Make cheques/money order payable to the OUAC.

Guest tears

I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago and said both methods are fine. I asked the Registrar's Office to send my transcript to OMSAS.

Guest PeterHill0501

Take it from one who has experience...phone or go directly to the registrar's office of the university from where you are requesting transcripts and have them forward official transcripts directly to OMSAS. Official transcripts are exactly the same as unofficial ones except that they are sent directly from your university to the requesting agency...if you have them and forward them on...it's not official. Just my opinion and my experience...

Peter

Guest sydney

Peter, I just have to say that you are a doll!

As a somewhat mature candidate myself, (ie. I'm not 21 anymore!) I truly applaud you for all the great advice, support and encouragement you have provided on this site. I really hope that U of O realizes what they are missing, and this time next year I suspect they will have made ammends!!

Best Wishes,

Sydney

Guest PeterHill0501

Sydney...thanks so much...man, the people I've met here have been so supportive...I only hope that the people in my meds year are as great and supportive as those I've met here...

Thanks so much...

Peter

Archived