Premed 101 Forums

GPA calculation for McMaster and what to do with WF?

Hi all,

I'm hoping one of you can confirm that I'm calculating my GPA correctly for McMaster:

- I am including courses taken at a college in my GPA (Cap college, Athabasca, Thompson Rivers). OMSAS says not to, but McMaster section says they look at all Undergrad courses taken. Can someone confirm I'm right?

- I am including summer courses.

- I have 2 stupid WF courses on my transcript - decided I didn't want to take them and then didn't withdraw by the deadline. How do I calculate these in my GPA?

- does McMaster have anything set up to drop you worst credits, or do they count them all?

Thanks for you input everyone!

On the OMSAS app, you have to report that you went to college (years attended, program taken) but you don't have any place to report courses so those courses and their marks won't be looked at by any med school, including McMaster

All university courses, summer fall winter, are included in the GPA calc.

Not sure about WF. If there is a grade on your transcript, include it. If it only says WF, I guess it isn't included in the GPA calculation but it is still available for McMaster to see should they do a thorough transcript review.

They don't state that they drop any courses like UofT, but who knows what they do once they review your file.

• 2 weeks later...
On the OMSAS app, you have to report that you went to college (years attended, program taken) but you don't have any place to report courses so those courses and their marks won't be looked at by any med school, including McMaster

All university courses, summer fall winter, are included in the GPA calc.

Not sure about WF. If there is a grade on your transcript, include it. If it only says WF, I guess it isn't included in the GPA calculation but it is still available for McMaster to see should they do a thorough transcript review.

They don't state that they drop any courses like UofT, but who knows what they do once they review your file.

If they dropped my worst mark, my G.P.A would sky rocket! That's what I call too good to be true :(

Archived