Premed 101 Forums

Manitoba FM additional programming [Jan-29-30 events]

Man_2ba

Has anyone heard where and what time the additional programming, Jan-29th,2011 and Jan 30th , where these will be held.

Any one heard anything about these. Does any one know. I tried going by the PGME of FM and no one is there, tried calling, emailed, no one answers or returns any calls.

• 2 weeks later...
There's something fishy about you....

...you're so gung ho about going to Manitoba FM. I don't know anyone who is gung ho about going to Manitoba for any reason. I know plenty who want to GTFO Manitoba.

Are you sure you're not an IMG or FMG from the Carib or something?

I am an aboriginal descent cree speaking, born and raised in Manitoba. I love the place, why would I want to leave. Plus, I know so many people this year who are staying in the FM program.

There's something fishy about you....

...you're so gung ho about going to Manitoba FM. I don't know anyone who is gung ho about going to Manitoba for any reason. I know plenty who want to GTFO Manitoba.

Are you sure you're not an IMG or FMG from the Carib or something?

I dont know why anyone who wouldnt want to stay in Manitoba, please dont bash a school, province, proud people of my heritage and/or any one who wants to stay in Manitoba and serve its people.

more than 50% [More than 60 people] of my graduating class this year is staying in Manitoba to do Family Medicine [FM].

I'm not bashing Manitoba, I'm just speaking the truth about how sucky it is.

And I'm not bashing your heritage. I don't even know what your heritage is. What I am pointing out is that your syntax and general way of expressing yourself on these forums (one sentence paragraphs, lots of emoticons, grammar faux-pas) are similar to those from people whose first language isn't English. I don't think you're French because French people, like most people, generally don't want to relocate to Manitoba. Another reason I think you're an FMG is because Manitoba has more lax policies for FMG matching and ROS arrangements than any other province, which would be a reason why any FMG would be excited about matching there.

Just some observations...

I understand now, english is not my first language, cree is. Is hard, but hay what to do. But I understand, but you have to believe when I tell you more than 50% of my class [Near 60 people are going to do FM in Manitoba this year].

But thank you about ROS and other info, is good to know, now I understand why FMG come here and are so happy to leave.

Archived