Premed 101 Forums

Question about CaRMS registration/ranking

I think OP is likely confused because the CaRMs timeline says this:

February 2, 2012 (12:00 ET)

Rank order list (ROL) period begins

Rank order list (ROL) system opens to applicants and programs for online ranking.

CaRMS recommends you do not wait until the last minute to enter or finalize your rank order list.

February 2, 2012 (12:00 ET)

Late request for registration for first iteration opens

Online request for registration for the first iteration opens. An extra registration fee will be added to the account of applicants who request registration after late registration opens. The fee will be applied when the applicant uses their token.

February 14, 2012 (15:00 ET)

Late request for registration for the first iteration closes

Online request for registration for the first iteration closes.

February 15, 2012 (17:00 ET)

Program ROL deadline

Programs no longer have access to their rank order lists after this date.

February 21, 2012 (16:00 ET)

Applicant ROL Deadline

Rank order list deadline. This is the only deadline in the CaRMS match year - not having your ROL properly submitted into the CaRMS system results in automatic withdrawal from the first iteration.

I have no idea what those 'late registration for round 1" are since clearly at this point interview offers are out etc. So safely ignore those, seeing as you have clearly already registered. Just be sure to submit ranks by Jan 21!!

What's so hard to believe?

I am an AMG and I am more familiar with the ERAS/NRMP.

The ERAS is the main application where you submit your CV, choose programs, etc. The NRMP is the match system.

Here in US, you need to register separately for the NRMP. Therefore I was just wondering if CaRMS requires a separate registration in order to rank programs.

Archived