Premed 101 Forums

French Med Schools

Guest Wondering

Guest Wondering

Is anyone out there applying to French med schools in Quebec. If so do you know anything about when the interviews are taking place?

I have also applied and I have not heard anything from any of the french schools. I believe that they start sending out interviews this month, so if we meet the cut-offs, we should be hearing something soon. I hope so....

Best of luck!

E

Guest Ian Wong

Hi,

This doesn't have anything to do with admissions into the French medical schools; I don't know anything about that. However, I thought I'd just like to mention that the French-speaking schools don't participate in the CaRMS match, although you can if you want to.

What that means is that graduates from outside schools (eg. UBC meds grads, U of Toronto meds grads), cannot apply for these French residency spots, giving the French med school grads a bit of competitive advantage. The French med school grads can still apply to CaRMS, and match into any of the other Canadian residency programs accessible to all graduating Canadian med students.

See more at: www.carms.ca

Ian

UBC, MS2

I heard from Universite de Sherbrooke this week and their placement exam (they do not usually give interviews) is on April 21st. I have not heard anything from Universite de Montreal or Universite Laval. Has anyone heard from these schools?

E

Guest Wondering

Hi E,

I will be going to Sherbrooke this weekend as well. I haven't heard from the other schools yet. Do you know anything about the TAAMUS test?

Wondering

Hi!

I really don't know what the TAAMUS exam is going to be testing. It is supposedly designed to assess our cognitive and problem-solving skills, but that is all I know. I am not sure what the format is, but a friend of mine who is now in USherb med told me that the exam is pretty straightforward. However, he did write the TAAMUS three years ago, so I may have changed since then. I guess that there is no point about stressing ourselves out about being able to answer questions that we cannot even anticipate, right?

Sorry that I couldn't help.

E.

P.S. Good luck! Maybe I will see you on Saturday. ;-)

Archived