Premed 101 Forums

Anywhere to leave your stuff?

So usually you can keep your stuff in the room where the applicants and residents are hanging out for the day.

Depending on how much stuff you have though, and your means of transport to your interview location (ie if you are walking several blocks in snow), you may not wish to bring all your stuff. It is often possible to arrange storage with the hotel you will be staying at. So check out from your room, but leave your suitcase in a storage room for check out later that day, they will do this free of charge.

Should you carry anything with you into the actual interview? A folder or writing pad or smthg (although I can't imagine I'd ever be writing when trying to make maximum use of the time with the IV panel to impress them)?

But I've heard in the US some ppl do that or are expected to do that.

What's the 'protocol' for Carms when it comes to this? Is there one? Does it look more professional?

Should you carry anything with you into the actual interview? A folder or writing pad or smthg (although I can't imagine I'd ever be writing when trying to make maximum use of the time with the IV panel to impress them)?

What's the 'protocol' for Carms when it comes to this? Is there one? Does it look more professional?

Good question ?

come on guys! you've been through med interviews. this is the same thing. instead of "why do you want to be a doctor" they will ask "why do you want to be in X residency program."

you can take a portfolio/clipboard or something with you if you want. you wont be using it...at least i never did.

just relax! it's an interview. you've done this before - and likely did well considering you managed to get into med school. just be yourself and don't inadvertently come across as annoying or d-baggy in your over the top attempt at looking professional.

Archived