Premed 101 Forums

How well do I have to do on the interview to get accepted to UofT?

I am currently in 2nd year at Uoft Scarborough. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.98 and by the end of the semester I should have a cumulative GPA of 3.99. I will be applying next year to UofT as a 3rd year. I am writing the February DAT but I'll probably be re-writing it in November for a 'serious' attempt. I hope to get about 20 in all scores (not going to be doing carving).

If I get above 20 in all scores of the DAT and I apply with a 3.99 GPA , how good does my interview have to be for acceptance? I really want to get accepted in 3rd year!! I worked really hard for my GPA and I'd love to save a year! I do have a lot of extra curricular and sports involvement but that doesn't matter for UofT I guess, it was mostly just for fun.

you'll get in with above average interview. But you're still in 2nd year so I would suggest you do some extra-curricular activities because that will def. help you do better in interview. Also, you'll prob. have better chance to score higher on DAT becasue you get a reading week to study for it whereas in November, you'll have to write in during your midterm period.

If you have to make a strategic choice between extra currics and dat prep definitely go for the dat.... extra currics really can have zero weight in the interview - it's dependent on how you take your past life and extract details applicable to competencies so more is not necessarily better.

If you have to make a strategic choice between extra currics and dat prep definitely go for the dat.... extra currics really can have zero weight in the interview - it's dependent on how you take your past life and extract details applicable to competencies so more is not necessarily better.

Yea that's true fair enough. I still have plenty of time to do extra currics and plus I already have good experience.

For the interview can't you just make up experiences?

With essentially a 4.0 GPA I think you'll be fine with even a less-than-average interview. It's the average GPA applicants (in the 3.85-3.9 range like me) who need at LEAST an average interview (and most likely better since there are so many people with grades like yours) to get in.

Archived