Premed 101 Forums

Do you guys use the "update" feature to update programs?

interviews are almost over... i doubt they will even see it.

Plus, not to minimize your achievements, but being nominated for some awards and beginning a new project are not likely to affect your ranking.

it wont hurt you to update them, but I think it should be reserved for more meaningful accomplishments.

interviews are almost over... i doubt they will even see it.

Plus, not to minimize your achievements, but being nominated for some awards and beginning a new project are not likely to affect your ranking.

it wont hurt you to update them, but I think it should be reserved for more meaningful accomplishments.

Right. That's what I've been saying to my friend. He is going through the gen surg match and he is freaking out.

He asked me what I've been doing over the last couple months. I was like, "nothing really. I don't know, just got an email from my attending today that he's nominating me. I thought it was kinda nice"

He was like, "dude, update that stuff"

Me, "what? nooooooo"

Ya, I didn't even know they have an update function haha.

Ya,, it will depend on the specialty.

People gunning for the more competitive specialties are looking for any edge they can get, so more likely to update with useless stuff...

Also, if I'm not mistaken you are a US student (?), and when I applied to US schools I remember that sending updates seemed to be a big thing for them.

Archived