Premed 101 Forums

Waitlists - Are they even moving ??

Guest JJ

Hi,

I don't what's going on out there, but besides Mac... has anyone heard anything about any school's waitlists moving? I'm so surprised that both message boards (delphi and this one) are dead.

Anybody alive out there... ? :-)

JJ

Guest Ian Wong

Hi JJ,

I know it's a frustrating and tense time for you, but we're producing about the same number of posts, if not more, than we've been at any previous time. Unfortunately, if people ARE being called off the waitlist, that's still only a very small number of the total waitlist size.

Add that to the fact that us computer-minded premeds are still in the vast minority of applicants (although obviously I'd like to change that!), and odds are good that even if people are getting in, that you won't see too many posts about it.

I guess the best way to get faster responses is to try to reach more of the premed audience, but that's tough to do.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest Random

Sorry to bother you, but do you know how many and whether it was a letter or a phone call?

As well, are they taking the offer?

Your input is appreciated.

Wow.. this is news, sending out waitlist offers in letters. I think U of T is doing this as well. I wonder if other schools are as well ?

JJ

Guest Random

It's weird that they're sending out letters for the waitlisters. I guess that means there will be more rounds of waiting. A phone call would speed things up i.e. people can reject without the paperwork if they have other plans. Oh well.

If anyone did get an offer from the waitlist, could you please just tell us till when you have to accept/decline the offer?

Knowing deadlines makes waiting easier (at least that's what I think).

Good luck to all.

Archived