Premed 101 Forums

Driving from Toronto to Hamilton

I was thinking of driving from Toronto to Hamilton on the day of the interview (11:30 on saturday)- anyone do this before/planning to do this too? Is it too hectic of a drive? Google maps says its a 1.5 hour drive... Advice please and thanks! :)

When I take family trips from Toronto to Niagara Falls (which I do a lot. and Niagara is just a little past Hamilton), it can take from 1.5 hours with no stops - 3 hours if you encounter some traffic or want to make a few pitstops, etc.

It takes 2 hours on average I think :)

I don't remember the last time it only took 1.5 hours..

edit to say: I just remembered. It should take 1.5 hours from Toronto. I forgot that I moved out of Toronto a while ago...and that's why it takes an extra 0.5-1.5 hours..LOL

But still keep in a cushion time so you're not late or sweaty or rushed for your interview ;)

I was thinking of driving from Toronto to Hamilton on the day of the interview (11:30 on saturday)- anyone do this before/planning to do this too? Is it too hectic of a drive? Google maps says its a 1.5 hour drive... Advice please and thanks! :)

on a weekend, the GO bus from Union station will take you 50 minutes to get to Hamilton (it'll drop you off on main and newton/paisley area) and then from there you can walk 10-15 minutes to McMaster. the only downside is you will need to take a city bus from campus to king and dundurn later to get the GO bus back to toronto.

or you could drive and park in the student center lot, which is right beside MDCL (where you will be meeting for your interviews). probably the better thing to do, this GO stuff is confusing

The Divinity College parking lot is marginally closer to MDCL than the student centre. Either way, prepare to pay $6 for parking.

on a weekend, the GO bus from Union station will take you 50 minutes to get to Hamilton (it'll drop you off on main and newton/paisley area) and then from there you can walk 10-15 minutes to McMaster. the only downside is you will need to take a city bus from campus to king and dundurn later to get the GO bus back to toronto.

or you could drive and park in the student center lot, which is right beside MDCL (where you will be meeting for your interviews). probably the better thing to do, this GO stuff is confusing

I am only because I have a UofT one the day before...... are you as well? I'm freaking out that I won't make it in time.

Me too. I don't really have a reason like you do. Just that it only takes an hour to get there anyway so it should be fine?

But if you want to stay over in Hamilton, I don't see how having a UofT interview the day before will stop you :)

Archived