Premed 101 Forums

Old MCAT/New MCAT

Nurse

Quick question for you guys. Since the new MCAT might be officially launched in 2015. What sort of validity old MCAT holds. For example, if I were to write my MCAT in 2014 and apply in 2016, does this mean that I'll have to write the new MCAT or it'll still be valid for the 5 year period.

Thank you

N

Quick question for you guys. Since the new MCAT might be officially launched in 2015. What sort of validity old MCAT holds. For example, if I were to write my MCAT in 2014 and apply in 2016, does this mean that I'll have to write the new MCAT or it'll still be valid for the 5 year period.

Thank you

N

the score would be valid and med schools will have to figure out a way to evaluate two different applicant pools, one who have written the old and one who have written the new mcat

the score would be valid and med schools will have to figure out a way to evaluate two different applicant pools, one who have written the old and one who have written the new mcat

the good thing is that both test scores will give percentile scores.. so it should be very simple for schools to just keep the same percentile cutoffs with new and old scores

Archived