Premed 101 Forums

My PAT practice score-what will they be in the end?

HI!

PERCEPTUAL ABILITY!

I bought the Crack the DAT PAT program and some practice kaplan, barrons and IQ publications books

on the last 5 CD PAT practice tests I got 23,24,25,24,25 (all under 60 mins)(24= 84/90 and 25 = 85/90)

on the Barrons practice i got 24 (5mins to spare)

on the kaplan's I got 24 (5 mins to spare)

on IQ book B i got 85/90 and book C i got 82/90 (both with 10 minutes to spare)

on the 2000 American DAT I got a score of 24 (84/90)

I know that these are just practice tests, but is it safe to say that I will likely achieve a 24 on the Real DAT this weekend? and do you think that's a descent score or should I practice more for this Saturday??

Thanks for the help!

HI!

PERCEPTUAL ABILITY!

I bought the Crack the DAT PAT program and some practice kaplan, barrons and IQ publications books

on the last 5 CDA practice tests I got 23,24,25,24,25 (all under 60 mins)(24= 84/90 and 25 = 85/90)

on the Barrons practice i got 24 (5mins to spare)

on the kaplan's I got 24 (5 mins to spare)

on IQ book B i got 85/90 and book C i got 82/90 (both with 10 minutes to spare)

on the 2000 American DAT I got a score of 24 (84/90)

I know that these are just practice tests, but is it safe to say that I will likely achieve a 24 on the Real DAT this weekend? and do you think that's a descent score or should I practice more for this Saturday??

Thanks for the help!

Hey, sorry for off-topic question but where did you get the 5 CDA practice tests?? did you have to pay for them? Thank you!

Thanks to all!

oh haha, how did you find the crack dat PAT tests compared to the IQ and KBB?

I really hate taking the IQ tests because they seem like a waste of time because the angle discrimination, hole punching and cube counting are so easy. I also don't like them because the pictures in the key holes and ortho. projections are not printed so well

I'm sure that if I could have a paper copy of the Crack the DAT PAT tests I would score 100% every time. They are very well done compared to the Kaplan and IQ and all the sections are harder on the CD PAT except the key holes because of the bad IQ pictures! and there were mistakes in the IQ which really make a person angry haha but the CD PAT can prove to you why you are wrong

Thanks to all!

I really hate taking the IQ tests because they seem like a waste of time because the angle discrimination, hole punching and cube counting are so easy. I also don't like them because the pictures in the key holes and ortho. projections are not printed so well

I'm sure that if I could have a paper copy of the Crack the DAT PAT tests I would score 100% every time. They are very well done compared to the Kaplan and IQ and all the sections are harder on the CD PAT except the key holes because of the bad IQ pictures! and there were mistakes in the IQ which really make a person angry haha but the CD PAT can prove to you why you are wrong

Yeah I think it's really hard to find PAT books that don't have any mistakes!!

• 10 months later...

Just for your interests' sake I'll tell you what actually happened... so the night before the DAT I got 2 hours of sleep - I just couldn't sleep I don't know why - by the time the PAT section rolled around (last section) I was exhausted, I was zoning outttt. By the time I had answered the 3rd question I looked at the clock and 17 MINUTES HAD PAST!!:eek: Soo I sped through those questions like never before and got through the test with no time to spare! ... I ended up with a 22

I am very confident that with the appropriate amount of sleep I would have claimed the top score of 25...

Keep in mind scale matters for key holes as per the iq books. If you have lots of time left, you're in great shape. My recommendation is to use all of the 60 minutes, don't race to finish and close your exam.

Learn from your mistakes when you do your practice exam now that you feel comfortable finishing on time. Understand why you got them wrong and don't repeat the mistake.

If you don't already do this, I would also suggest considering all five possible choices per question before moving on. Do not simply circle the answer that first comes to mind without ruling out the other four.

Go get that 30! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't matter how well you do - what matters is that everyone else screws up :P

The only resource I used for the PAT was Kaplan, and I scored from 21-23 on each practice test. I ended up pulling a 25 on the real thing.

Two bits of advice:

1. If you get stumped on a question, move on ASAP and come back if you have time. Don't get too worried if time runs out and you have to answer some questions randomly, because miracles can happen (I did this for 3).

2. Sometimes, with angle ranking, just go with your gut.

Archived