Premed 101 Forums

Sciences dat chemistry biology - practice tests - too easy!?

Hello

I've been studying alot for the last month for this upcoming dat and I have been very worried about the chemistry section! So I have been studying alot of broad and unique things related to G Chem including alot of formulas!

The other day I starting doing some practice tests to check myself out. On the chemistry sections of these practice tests. I feel as though most things learned in the Kaplan blue book do not exist there, and surprisingly the Kaplan book almost seems too detailed.

The practice tests I'm referring to are the IQ publications 3 science practice tests. The Kaplan blue book practice tests. The 2 practice tests in the barrons blue book and 2000 ADA practice test.

Would it be appropriate for me to Expect the difficulty of the real dat to be similar to these or am I dreaming?!

Hello

I've been studying alot for the last month for this upcoming dat and I have been very worried about the chemistry section! So I have been studying alot of broad and unique things related to G Chem including alot of formulas!

The other day I starting doing some practice tests to check myself out. On the chemistry sections of these practice tests. I feel as though most things learned in the Kaplan blue book do not exist there, and surprisingly the Kaplan book almost seems too detailed.

The practice tests I'm referring to are the IQ publications 3 science practice tests. The Kaplan blue book practice tests. The 2 practice tests in the barrons blue book and 2000 ADA practice test.

Would it be appropriate for me to Expect the difficulty of the real dat to be similar to these or am I dreaming?!

The 07 ADA practice test is pretty much on par in terms of difficulty can't really say the same about bio only because it's so random. The actual DAT was nothing like the IQ pubs for chem or bio in terms of how the questions were worded. The actual DAT for chem is really basic, think calculate concentration given moles+ # of liters. Or which compound is most acidic, or what would happen to pressure if we doubled the number of liters of gas in a fixed volume etc...

Archived