Premed 101 Forums

Get the real story from med students...

Guest metalmedicine

Guest metalmedicine

Hi, everyone! I'm an M3 with a little too much time on her hands. Just wanted to let you all know about my medical student discussion forum. If you have a medical school question, you'll get straight talk from the med students at this forum. My board is just moderated by me, so no need for decorum or anything silly like that. This is the perfect place to hang out if you need a good laugh. And, as always, you don't need to register to post. Come visit (and bring your sense of humor)!

pub73.ezboard.com/bmetalmedicine

Also, you can visit my website at www.metalmedicine.com. We have monthly rock star interviews. How many other med student sites can say that? :lol

Guest strider2004

I just want to say that your site definitely shows a different side of med school. If anybody hasn't learned about Ascaris, go to one of the recent discussions on metalmedicine. It's probably one of those things that you have medical nightmares about.

Here's some interesting trivia that I learned in History of Medicine. Aesculapius(greek mythology - granted healing powers) carried a staff with one snake wrapped around it. However, many medical organisations represent medicine with a winged staff with TWO snakes. This is the staff of Mercurius, a fast dude that is unrelated to medicine. So why the mixup? Because the staff of Mercurius is prettier :)

Metalmedicine's animated picture reminded me of that.

Guest YongQ

Strider, DAMN that Ascaris is the nastiest thing I ever saw! And they're long too, I saw a specimen 1 foot long when I was in high school. Nice forum.

Guest strider2004

I've seen some textbook pictures with hundreds of those things coming out of a butt at once. A depressing part of medicine is learning about all the disease you can contract in tropical areas. It seriously takes all the fun out of a vacation. And don't forget about STDs.

Guest Fanconi

Thanks again for stopping by, all. Ian, two questions. (1) Why is it so hard to get med students to post? and (2) Would you consider placing my forum in your ezboard ring? This forum is in mine..... Thanks!! :P

Archived