Premed 101 Forums

How was DAT today??

I think the bio was too easy, I was kind of disappointed because I'm sure alot of people did good on it, Chem was easy but there were some tricky questions. I definitely think the reading was alot harder than most practice material and the pat was tricky at the beginning but evened out!

so there was a killer passage again??

I wrote the DAT on Saturday and found the PAT to be very easy, I will be disappointed if I get anything below a 25. All the practice tests I did were consistent with this. I found the Biology and Chemistry decent. The reading comprehension was very fair, considering it was on science material I already knew, I also was able to answer a lot of questions without even have to check the passages from previous courses. The only thing I am really worried about is the carving, I found it was SUCH an simple pattern... aced both ends and had tons of time left over for the middle (wahoo, I was excited!)...and then... CHIP in the middle part, (how could this happen, on the easiest part of it!?!) I swore.. and tried to hold back the tears and I finished the carving. Checked my angles, few adjustments and finished 2.5 minutes early (but what's the big deal if there is a chip.... F!) How much will this affect the carving score?

I wrote the DAT on Saturday and found the PAT to be very easy, I will be disappointed if I get anything below a 25. All the practice tests I did were consistent with this. I found the Biology and Chemistry decent. The reading comprehension was very fair, considering it was on science material I already knew, I also was able to answer a lot of questions without even have to check the passages from previous courses. The only thing I am really worried about is the carving, I found it was SUCH an simple pattern... aced both ends and had tons of time left over for the middle (wahoo, I was excited!)...and then... CHIP in the middle part, (how could this happen, on the easiest part of it!?!) I swore.. and tried to hold back the tears and I finished the carving. Checked my angles, few adjustments and finished 2.5 minutes early (but what's the big deal if there is a chip.... F!) How much will this affect the carving score?

oh wow,, but u never know with PAT. you can get a low 20s even if you think you got everything perfect!

hmm, I am quite confident in my abilities, but guess we'll see in April won't we?

I felt the exact same way..lol and I got a 20 :( oh well, hopefully you're right! I sat there stupidly for like 10 mins because I finished that part early. Little did I know I actually didn't ace it... best of luck!!

I felt the exact same way..lol and I got a 20 :( oh well, hopefully you're right! I sat there stupidly for like 10 mins because I finished that part early. Little did I know I actually didn't ace it... best of luck!!

did u write in november or in february?

I found the science part a little random but still fair.

PAT was hard at first but got better

the passages were easy since it was science, you could answer some questions w/o reading the passages. I had time left over at the end.

Carving on the other hand I can never be sure how I did, it looked easy but the soap was terrible. I tried not to play around with it too much. I could have made my angles sharper but was scared of chipping the soap.

Archived